List Of Spiritual Gifts
Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit
The list of Spiritual Gifts of the Holy Spirit consists of two kinds.
The first are specially intended for the person who receives them.
- Wisdom – helps us to recognize the importance of others and the importance of keeping God central in our lives.
- Understanding – is the ability to understand the meaning of God’s message.
- Knowledge – points out to us the path to follow and the dangers to avoid in order to reach heaven.
- Counsel – is the ability to see the best way to follow God’s plan when we have choices that relate to him.
- Fortitude – is the courage to do what one knows is right and to overcome the obstacles and difficulties that arise in being faithful to God.
- Piety – helps us pray to God in true devotion.
- Fear of the Lord – is the feeling of amazement before God, who is all-present, and whose friendship we do not want to lose.
The Gifts of the Holy Spirit are described in the Book of Isaiah (11:2-3). In the passage the gifts are considered ones that Jesus would have possessed. Catholics also receive the Gifts of the Holy Spirit in the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Nine Charismata of The Holy Spirit
The second kinds of gifts are more properly called Charismata. They are extraordinary favours granted for the help of another. They are sometimes known as the nine spiritual gifts.
- the gift speaking with wisdom,
- the gift of speaking with knowledge,
- the grace of healing,
- the gift of miracles,
- the gift of prophecy,
- the gift of discerning spirits,
- the gift of tongues,
- the gift of interpreting speeches.
Twelve Fruits of The Holy Spirit
Finally it is worth mentioning the twelve fruits of the Holy Spirit. These are:
This list of 12 should not be taken too literally in a limiting sense, as the fruits are capable of being extended to include all acts of a similar nature.
The fruits of the Holy Ghost are actions. They are different to the gifts. One is the source and the other the outcome.
Faith Quotes from different traditions
A great selection of faith quotes from different traditions, including Islam quotes, Buddha quotes, Christian quotes, Sikh quotes, Hindu quotes and much more…
Top 10 Spiritual Sayings
Elisabeth Kubler Ross, M. Scott Peck, Ernest Kurtz and Og Mandino, provide some inspirational spiritual sayings. A collection of the top 10 for you.
Christian Spiritual Growth ‘Good morning, Lord’
Discover why ‘Good morning Lord’ are three of the most powerful words for Christian spiritual growth.
The Lord’s Prayer for children
A modern children’s version of the Our Father or Lord’s Prayer. There’s also an easy bedtime reflection or night prayer for children. Two wonderful ways for children to talk to God that might be helpful to adults also.
Spiritual Leadership is relevant in six everyday situations…
What are the ten key elements of spiritual leadership and what are the everyday situations where we are called to use our spiritual leadership skills?